Professor Thomas F. Lüscher is a highly experienced clinical and interventional cardiologist with a broad scope interested in many areas of cardiology including interventional cardiology, rhythmology, echocardiography, heart failure, acute cardiac care and sports cardiology.
The personal clinical activity mainly concentrates on the care of outpatients with cardiac disease (general cardiology, in particular hypertension, lipids and other risk factors, coronary disease, heart failure) and on interventional cardiology including regular participation in the 24h-PCI service for acute coronary syndromes (Video) and special interventions such as percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defects as well as renal nerve ablation.
1996 to 2017 Professor Thomas F. Lüscher was Chairman of the Department of Cardiology and Director of the University Heart Center at the University Hospital in Zurich, Switzerland where he oversaw seven division heads in the following areas of cardiology:
- Giovanni Camici, PhD, Lecturer, Director Center for Molecular Cardiology
- Firat Duru, Associate Professor and Director of Arrhythmia Unit
- Matthias Greutmann, Lecturer, Director of Grown-up Congenital Disease
- Frank Ruschitzka, Adjunct Professor of Cardiology and Director Heart Failure
- Christian Schmied, Lecturer, Director Outpatient Clinic, Sports Cardiology and Rehabilitation
- Felix Tanner, Associate Professor, Director of Echocardiography