Responsibility for the entire Cardiology Service at the University Hospital Zurich with 6 senior consultants and 20 consultants, 2 research associates in different areas of cardiology (interventional cardiology, rhythmology, echocardiography, heart failure, coronary care unit, out-patient service, sports cardiology and cardiovascular research) as well as 24 clinical fellows, up to 30 research fellows and administrative staff and nurses. The following senior staff members are involved in the clinical service covering all areas of cardiology:
- Giovanni Camici, PhD, Lecturer, Director Center for Molecular Cardiology
- Firat Duru, Associate Professor and Director of Arrhythmia Unit
- Matthias Greutmann, Lecturer, Director of Grown-up Congenital Disease
- Frank Ruschitzka, Adjunct Professor of Cardiology and Director Heart Failure
- Christian Schmied, Lecturer, Director Outpatient Clinic, Sports Cardiology and Rehabilitation
- Felix Tanner, Associate Professor, Director of Echocardiography
The personal clinical activity mainly concentrates on the care of outpatients with cardiac disease (general cardiology, in particular hypertension, lipids and other risk factors, coronary disease, heart failure) and on interventional cardiology including regular participation in the 24h-PCI service for acute coronary syndromes (Video) and special interventions such as percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defects as well as renal nerve ablation.